March 18, 2022

Postcards from Lake Como

 

I'm not one to celebrate half birthdays, but twenty four and a half feels pretty significant. Six months ago, I responded to evolving circumstances with what I consider one of my more "adult decisions," and that choice opened me to growth through uncertainty, humbling rejections, and a spur of the moment opportunity to go to Italy with my mom. 

This trip was a reprieve from my own careful and conservative tendencies to play it safe, and I'm so grateful for the perspective it offered during a time when I was tempted to recede deeper and lower into my dark cave. Situations might not change, but our perceptions sure can. While it was natural to feel lost without sight of my north star, traveling (and a lot of really good gelato) gave my mind the keys to keep walking forward in the woods and learn to live among the trees, under their canopy. Thank you, Mom, for sharing this experience with me, and thank you, dear reader, for following along. I hope you enjoy this final travelogue from Lake Como


For more photos and thoughts:

No comments:

Post a Comment