April 22, 2022

Boston Athenaeum


Last week, one of my good friends and I extended our coffee date by wandering around Princeton's quaint little streets, exploring thrift shops and a new apothecary store featuring unique postcards, specialty ingredients, and vintage (but not really) decor that warranted a few photos for my mom. 

It was an expanded version of a nostalgic (but bound to break the bank) general store in Brookline that I often stopped in to admire between grocery runs, Brookline Booksmith browses, and church. Naturally, the reminiscence prompted a, "This reminds me of..."

Given our closeness, I was genuinely surprised when Nikki turned to me and said, "Han, you really miss Boston." 

It's possible that with the way life works, a lot of my closest friends don't see my day to day and hear what my heart beats intimately for. When we get together, there's just too much to catch up on. Even more, I've been trying harder (so hard!) to restrain my pining for Boston over the past few months in accepting, embracing, that my feet are planted where I'm supposed to be for now. Maybe it's worked? 

And if so, maybe it's high time to indulge in another tribute to Beantown. I don't suspect that anyone reading this isn't already familiar with my love affair with Boston, but just in case, here's a peek at an iPhone album from July 2021, my visit to the Boston Athenaeum, which at the time, offered a free tour each month.


2 comments:

  1. aw love these!! i’ve been wanting to go to the athenaeum, but havent visited bc of the tour fee— I didn’t know they used to offer free tours! And Boston misses you too as you’ve been missing Boston! But also glad to hear you are finding yourself being more rooted.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday girl <3!! Feeling your love and sending mine back to you. I think parts of the first floor are free to visit, but I highly recommend the full tour when you get a chance! It'll get you access to the reading rooms photographed above ;-)

    ReplyDelete