September 28, 2024

Postcards from Cusco

Tears streamed as the plane left Trujillo. We made it to Lima way too quickly. Looking out my seat window with a clouded vision, I saw Huanchaco's famous waves, snowcapped mountains jutting out of thick clouds, miles upon miles of desert sand dunes, and Lima's colorful shipping containers. Peru is truly a beautiful country. 

Cusco's air was notably thinner and for the first time in a while, I didn't feel like a flamingo in a flock of pigeons as I stepped into crowds of foreign tourists. With a month full of dances and cultural performances, the energy was electric. Alpaca, chocolate, colorful pom poms, and pisco everywhere I looked - a small distraction from the bittersweetness of leaving the place I called home for 3 months


Click here to view the photo journal

No comments:

Post a Comment