February 20, 2024

En Film



Film photos taken between 2019-2023 on 20+ year old, expired film.

Cameras: Nikon N70, Kodak Ektar H35
Film stock: Kodak Gold 200, 400, 800

I think there's something different about these photos; the moments and people they capture stir something deeper inside. Truthfully, I took parallel photos on my phone or another digital camera shortly after the shutter clicked on my film cameras - I didn't want to miss out on a moment that might not be captured well because the film was expired! But what stands out about these photos are the light leaks, the grain, the motion blur - the imperfections that mirror the slight fuzziness and nostalgia of the memories I hold; yes, life holds hard moments, but I find that my memory tends to give more weight to the glitter, the nuggets of gold and the silver linings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment