August 24, 2019

Carly and Patrick

The more I move around, the more I come to understand just how delicate relationships are. I've learned that respecting fragility, maintaining a soft heart, and treasuring the light in another often means surrendering to God's timeline and setting a relationship free. 

Letting go is a growing pain, a necessary one, but a pain nonetheless. When friendships come and go, the ones that stay become especially meaningful. 

Carly and I met in the first grade, some sixteen years ago, and we've continued to walk through life together, no matter the thousands of miles that have physically separated us for the last nine years. Last July, Carly graciously welcomed me into her beautiful state of Utah and our seven days were filled with nonstop chatter - I'm talking about hours of laughter during our road trip down to Southern Utah and around her kitchen counter. There was too much to catch up about; some things can't ever be adequately explained or effectively communicated over devices.

One evening, Carly, Patrick, and I hiked up to Little Cottonwood Canyon to see the wildflowers that were just about to bloom. Did I mention they're about to tie the knot!? Here's to my dear best friend and her wonderful fiancĂ©. 

P.S. Anyone looking for unique, custom-made, luxury rings can look no further than Patrick Adair Designs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment