August 19, 2018

Sunday Dialogues: Ashes to Beauty


There is beauty in the harvest and in the anticipation of rebirth. -autumn

For God to help me feel Him filling up my heart, He has to break the bars I've built to protect it. Each bar that breaks exposes my heart, making it vulnerable to cracking. I am much more aware of the new crack left by a broken bar than the ones that form gradually over time. I wait and watch as He fills it, just like He's done with all the other cracks I've forgotten about. I take notice and feel His sufficient power. While He continues to expose my heart, He also makes it vulnerable enough to soften. 

In baking, if your pie dough cracks too much when rolling, it wasn't hydrated properly. Similarly, all of our hearts are prone to cracking. In fact, they are expected to crack because this world is not perfect. The Master Baker takes some water and sprinkles it over the dried out, cracked bits to rehydrate them. He gives them life again so that they can become a part of the whole dough, prepared for baking. 


"If you are softer than before they came. You have been loved."  Nayyirah Waheed

"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Chris Jesus."  Philippians 4:7



No comments:

Post a Comment