September 7, 2016

iPhone Photo Journal I


I've been trying to improve my photography skills over the past few months by studying a lot of Instagram accounts/photos and watching too many YouTube photography videos, and something that I always am puzzled by is how some people can take such amazing photos using the humble iPhone. 

The iPhone is incredibly light sensitive, so it's possible to get really great photos, but the lighting must be optimal. I think what also makes photos (iPhone or camera) so interesting is the texture, composition, and mood that they convey. Here's a handful of photos from the past few weeks -- all of which were taken using an iPhone 5s (no filters, minimally edited using Windows photo viewer):

 
You can definitely tell that there's a range of differences in quality - the best photos were those taken in the afternoon, when the sky is overcast.

xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment