May 20, 2016

Homemade Ciabatta

One of my favorite things to bake is bread -- so much care and dedication are required, and I'm always reminded of how amazing the art of bread making is. 

My brother's favorite kind of bread is milk bread, because it's so fluffy and soft; don't get me wrong, I love milk bread for peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, but I have a soft spot for crusty bread, like sourdough, french bread, and ciabatta. 

When making bread, I highly recommend watching several videos and reading through a few recipes to get a feel for the general process. The best tips I can offer are to ensure that your water/milk (for any bread recipe) is between 110 - 115*F and to add 1/2-1 tsp of sugar to the water/milk before adding the yeast. Adhere to the temperature range because that's the environmental condition in which the yeast can grow in, and the sugar serves as food for the yeast to help it grow! And heads up: ciabatta is a little unique, because there's one step that must be completed the day before making the bread (plan ahead!)


Get the recipe for homemade ciabatta here.

and a sneak preview of Sunday's recipe: Pineapple Pulled Pork Ciabatta Sandwiches with an Apple Slaw and 2 Homemade BBQ Sauces :)

xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment