November 8, 2020

Autumn Portraits: The Changs

I'm fairly certain my spiritual mentor found out which dietetic internship I matched to before my mom found out! 

I received the news myself the minute I stepped back into my home upon returning to campus from spring break. Joyce messaged me some words of peace and encouragement to settle my heart as I sat on the bus, and after hauling my duffel to my room, I sent a "I found out..." text. "Well?!?!" 

Our early evening gathering that week was full of conversations about what the next two years would bring. Having spent time in Boston herself, Joyce didn't hesitate to make sure I'd be taken care of. She called up her husband, who was jetlagged from their recent trip to Uganda - we may have even woken him up from a "forbidden" catnap - and the first reference that spilled from his sleepy mouth was, "Oh, Tim!"
And from then on, both through my digital and in-person conversations with Tim and his family, I came to know the rich kindness that the Changs exude. The first reaction anyone gave when I told them how I became connected to my current church was, "Oh, Tim!... Man, he's the kindest person I know." 

I hope these images give you a peek into the life and light this family has graced me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment