July 7, 2019

Ancient Athens

I've been sharing about our trip to Greece - how we planned our itinerary to maximize our time while intentionally scheduling rest and exploration. If you're going to visit Athens, however, you don't need me to tell you to visit the Acropolis! 

P.S. Another reason to visit in the winter? Fewer crowds! Per videos, it looks like ants are swarming the Acropolis in the summer. 


Views of the Acropolis (the hill) and the Parthenon (the iconic temple) from our AirBNB: 
like Cornell's McGraw Tower, you can see the Acropolis from nearly anywhere in Athens.
How cute is my momma?!
The new Acropolis Museum - a modern epic 
 
The Panathenaic Stadium in its marbled glory
Didn't matter that I was in a dress. I still ran around the track!
I sprinted up all the stairs to get a last shot of the stadium right before closing. Sprinted, folks, sprinted.

No comments:

Post a Comment