October 28, 2018

Autumn Portraits: Sean and Emma


Monday October 8: I had the pleasure of spending golden hour at Beebe Lake with my buddy Sean and his girlfriend Emma. These two were a dream to shoot with! Sean and I met through our dietetics class, and we quickly realized we both frequented the gym in the early am hours - seriously, if you need to meet some nice people, go find a transfer nutrition student at the gym! There's more of us than you realize ;-)


You may have noticed that the quality of my photos lately has improved - all thanks to a new 35 mm lens. Historically, my subjects have been food or trees. My new gadget (Jose) has encouraged me to learn about photographing people.

What does learning look like? YouTube videos and taking notes, studying Pinterest and Instagram photos, and practice, which I need to be more disciplined about. I'm the kind of person who doesn't want to do something unless she can go all out and do it right. Yet there's no better way to learn than by doing, and I'm very grateful to have friends who graciously share their time with me as I take baby steps.

 

Let me know which photo is your favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment