May 27, 2018

Ithaca Through the Seasons: Spring 2018

Can you believe I only picked up my camera twice this semester?!

In my defense, our winter was too long. The first few warm days in late April sent half the school to bask in the sun on the slope. We had been eagerly anticipating the sun's return. As if by magic, every tree blossomed overnight, and campus became one big, pink, floral wonderland. The warmer weather always brings about a palpable change in energy, and despite all of the end-of-the-semester deadlines and exams, we all feel less stressed out. It's so nice when everyone's in a good mood! I took advantage of every second I had to be outdoors, whether it was eating lunch on the Ag Quad, doing homework by a little garden (where I watched a cannibalistic squirrel in horror), running and hiking my favorite trails, or just sitting and thinking - being cooped up indoors for nearly 6 months changes you!

We ask each other all winter long why we're hunkered down in Ithaca. Spring reminds us why.


On May 5th, the two year anniversary of when I left Atlanta, I went for a morning hike to my favorite spot to journal. I decided in advance to reserve that day for sabbath - a full day of sabbath! I don't think I've done that since freshman year, and it felt so good to dwell in the beauty that God created. As I passed by these beautiful houses, memories of going on runs and fawning over the homes in Druid Hills came flooding back. It was so nice to have the free head space to reflect, individually and with friends later that day. 
I love her.
Cambodian food at the Ithaca Farmers Market
I love her.
and now for little bits of daily life:
Thanks, Ithaca. You've been good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment