January 24, 2018

Summer 2017 in New York City || VLOGs

To celebrate the first day of spring semester (and, let's face it, to reduce the stockpile of blogpost photos/videos that continue to accumulate!), I'm coming at you with an atypical Wednesday blogpost, sharing my New York City videos from the summer. 
Each block within Manhattan is like a microcosm of its own; there's so much to do and explore. Things change constantly yet so much remains the same, and I think that's something that continues to draw me in. Then you throw in Brooklyn and Queens, and the city gets bigger and bigger. I was never one to follow the crowd, but I gained a kind of confidence in my independence every time I hopped onto the train to New York, whether it be for my internship or to explore. I think it's so important to travel solo (especially for girls/women), and I'll be sharing more about that in a few weeks, but let's stick to the videos for today:

If you want to see more photos of my adventures in the city, you can click on this link here (many more found under the "Travel" tab of my blog - scroll down to "New York"). 

To begin, here's a compilation of clips from my solo adventures:
Mid-June, after I had a few weeks to familiarize myself with the subway system, my brother and I ventured out a few hours before a scheduled family dinner in Chinatown. The torrential rain (really, I mean torrential) fostered a growing irritability between us (it was mutual, I swear) but a pizza, banh mi, and donut resolved a lot of tension (shout out to my friend for his great recommendations!) (and yes, we shared everything, though I'm sure Wilson would have preferred not to). 


Lastly, a compilation of iPhone video clips of my (almost) daily routine:


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Hannah for showing me NYC! Very nice photo and vlog !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, 谢谢 妈妈 ;-) Let's go to Brooklyn and Raaka soon!

      Delete