November 12, 2017

Ithaca Through the Seasons: Summer 2017

Adjusting to Ithaca was a task easier said than done. I missed my friends, routines, and environment at my old school. Starting over without knowing that I'd need to grow up and make my new school a home for myself was rough, but springtime in Ithaca brought more changes than just beautiful weather. Ithaca finally became home. Unfortunately, it was about time to leave!


You'd think I would've looked forward to moving back in, yet my irrational fear of people changing made me really nervous. I wasn't terribly excited about being landlocked either, especially not after my summer, but I was excited about showing my brother around. He had never been to Ithaca prior to this past August, and I had an itinerary of gorges, restaurants, and buildings I wanted to take him to. It was my parents' fifth time back, but you'd be surprised by how much this little town ("city") offers. Though I had plenty of new places to take them to, no visit is complete for my mom without re-visiting the Johnson Museum (her fourth visit!).

Those initial days I spent here showing them around reminded me of everything I loved about Ithaca. Suffice to say, readjusting wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, and I'm grateful to be back -- Wilson was pretty sad to leave, too (I like to think it was a combination of missing me, his high school friends here, and Ithaca's beauty...mostly me).

Here are a few memories from their visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment