October 15, 2017

Bits and Pieces

 Bits and pieces of the past month or so from my phone -  

It's been a year since I've taken any real humanities classes, and I'm so glad I've taken this semester to do so. My Spanish and English classes are more demanding than I expected with the amount of reading and writing we do, but I absolutely love them both. Humanities classes are also smaller and discussion-based, unlike the typical 100+ science class lectures - yay for friends and deep conversations! I leave each class feeling challenged, stumped, thoughtful. Really, I spent the entire day after Spanish wrestling with Marc Auge's "non-place" concept. Please go take some humanities classes if you get a chance! I promise you'll become a more aware global citizen and sensitive human being.
Sights from a Friday evening walk back home after class
West Windsor Farmer's Market - go check out the new book shelf by the shed (near the parking lot behind the performers!). You can drop off old cookbooks and take new ones. Very sad I had to leave my new Mark Bittman book at home when I returned after break. I was even more sad to leave our kitchen!
And now Ithaca Farmer's Market
Just finished the audio version of Trevor Noah's "Born a Crime". I can't recommend the book, and the audio book especially, enough! Next on the list, "Unfiltered". 

No comments:

Post a Comment