September 16, 2016

Loving Lately :: Instagram Interior Inspiration (Guest Post by BrunchAtAudrey's)

instagram interior inspiration

Happy Happy Friday!

Today's blogpost is brought to you by Audrey of BrunchAtAudrey's :).

 I stumbled across her blog last month, and was mesmerized by her beautiful photography. Audrey has a series on her blog in which she adventures to cafes, and for my guest post on her blog, I ventured off to a real cafe (for the first time!) for...wait for it...real coffee! Not Starbucks, not campus dining hall coffee. The real deal. (I'll link my guest post at the end of this blogpost!)

While I'm struggling to survive in my dorm room (I wish I were joking), Audrey is living off campus for the very first time! I'm so excited for her to decorate her place and make it feel like home. So without further ado, here's Audrey with her Instagram Interior Inspiration --- very special thanks to Audrey, who graciously accepted my request to collaborate! : 

// For the first two years of college, I lived on campus, but this year I’m living off campus and I’m so excited! My main reason for wanting to live off campus was so that I wouldn’t have to move out of the dorms after junior year and have to find summer storage and then come back senior year and move everything back in. Moving in and out every year is so annoying, and for me, so much so that I hardly bothered to decorate my dorm room for the first two years.


But now I have my own place. Having my own place for the last half of college gives me a greater sense of permanence. After slogging through all the boring and terrifying adult stuff like setting up utilities, setting up wifi (I almost forgot that wifi is something that people need to pay for), and signing the lease, I’m finally on to the fun part: interior decorating!


I think most people probably look for their interior inspiration on Pinterest, but I have yet to figure out how to properly use Pinterest (#bloggerconfession), so today I’m sharing interior inspiration I’ve found on Instagram.




Something about this room looks so lived in. Maybe it’s the filled shelf or all the photos. I look at this room and I see a permanent house, someone’s own private space, not a dorm room that will be moved out from in a year. I love the plush cushion on the sofa, the basket beside it filled with throws, and the fuzzy rug to stretch out upon.




I love the coffee table, and the log side table matches really well! I probably won’t get a side table for my own apartment because $$$, but I’ll be on the lookout for stray stumps along the road just begging to be cleaned up and turned into side tables (haha jk, too much effort man). I am planning to buy a coffee table though. You know a cafe loving girl like me can’t do without a coffee table!




Maybe I won’t even need to bother with buying seating for the apartment. Maybe just some throws and cushions will do. It looks so much cosier anyway! (Although I’ve been looking around, and cushions can get quite pricey too…)




The lighting in this photo is so beautiful. This mood is what I want my life to be. Does it not look like the epitome of “Brunch at Audrey’s”? ;) Maybe I don’t need anything in the house except for a pretty little table, good lighting, coffee, croissants, and plants.




I may have to take on the minimal lifestyle out of necessity rather than out of choice. Real talk, this crate is probably the only thing I can afford. But it looks so good in this photo. Imagine a house furnished with almost nothing except for this crate. Kinda sad. But in this photo, so beautiful and peaceful. Slapping on a few copies of Kinfolk can do that.




The guitar has stolen my heart. For my birthday freshman year, my parents got me a uke, and for my birthday sophomore year, my parents got me a guitar. Those will definitely be hanging out in a corner of my apartment, ready to be picked up and played whenever. Ever since I was little, I’ve always thought that bean bags were the coolest thing, and guess what, they still are. Excellent for playing guitar upon without any armrests to bump into. I’m also really loving that huge window.




A simple touch, but amps up the ambience tenfold. It’s that special something, that extra oomph. Little wire baskets are so underrated. I realise that I may be straying from interior inspiration into something a little too specific, but oh gosh, I’m so ready for autumn, so ready for winter, so ready for the holiday season. All I want is for musky scents to waft through the air, to wrap myself up in something fuzzy, and to warm my hands with a cup of hot chocolate.




My room has a fake fireplace, so I’ve been trying to think of how to decorate it. Maybe I’ll fill the inside of it with candles, or maybe with logs. I already have a few knick-knacks displayed above the fireplace, but I’ll have to do more rearranging. I love the little stool by the fireplace and the shaggy rug in front of it.




I love the ladder with the fairy lights running along it. I’ve seen ladders used to display shoes, plants, and throws. Just a few days ago I watched Tess Christine’s apartment tour on Youtube, and she was talking about how she got her ladder at a barn flea market, and the shopkeeper asked her why so many girls were buying all his ladders :P I’m also loving the hat display.




Ultimately, I want my apartment to be a place I can get comfortable and feel at home at. Of course I wouldn’t say no to a marble table with nothing on it but succulents and Kinfolk magazines, but nothing can beat sprawling out on a cosy rug in an oversized sweater, eating mac and cheese, and reading a good book. //


Another huge thank you to Audrey for this collaboration! To see more of Audrey's work and to send her some love, please check out her blog: http://www.brunchataudreys.com/

And a direct link to my guest post about the coffee shop: http://wp.me/p7yj2T-1b4

xoxo, han

2 comments:

  1. You're too sweet! Thanks for having me over on your blog :') -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so wonderful to work with <3!!

      Delete