August 28, 2016

Chunky Monkey Banana Ice Cream


I love bananas. I love peanut butter. I love chocolate.

I also love ice cream, but paying $6 for a tiny pint of Ben & Jerry's Dairy-Free ice cream isn't something I like to do very often. Here's a simple recipe that you won't feel guilty about indulging in during these last few summer days:

 
 





Recipe: Chunky Monkey Banana Ice Cream
By: Hannah Claudia
______________________________________________________________________

1 banana, sliced into quarters and frozen
1 tablespoon (or more...I'm not judging) of all natural peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
handful of walnuts or peanuts
vegan chocolate chunks (made using this recipe)
vegan peanut butter cups, chopped (recipe here)


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. In a food processor/blender: pulse/blend the bananas until you nearly achieve a soft-serve like consistency.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse briefly to incorporate (you can also do this by hand).
3. Eat immediately, or let it sit in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm up before eating.




xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment