July 3, 2016

Apple Pie (no sugar added)

What's more American than apple pie?

Sure, apple pie is more often served during apple season -- the fall --, but if you're like me, you can eat apple pie anytime. If you're in need for a 4th of July dessert, consider this recipe :):

Tips on making pie crust here













 





Recipe for pie crust (I made two): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24094/butter-flaky-pie-crust/

Recipe for apple filling (no sugar added)http://allrecipes.com/recipe/15697/no-sugar-apple-pie/
(I did not cook the apples before baking as called for in the recipe. My apples looked dry after baking but were actually still juicy and had quite a bit of texture. I think I might prefer to cook the apples and follow the recipe's instructions next time).

Baking instructions:
1. Place the bottom crust in a prepared pan. Fill the pie dish with the filling and add the top crust. Brush the top with 1 beaten egg.
2. Bake at 425*F for 15 minutes.
3. Reduce heat and bake at 35-45 minutes, or until the filling bubbles and the crust is golden brown.
(If your crust is browning too quickly, cover it with a tin foil tent)

xoxo, han




No comments:

Post a Comment