January 30, 2016

Everyday Hairstyles

I was | this | close to getting bangs before coming back to school, but the hairdresser talked me out of it -- I just have too much hair for it to look the way I envisioned it. I'd be lying if I said that I don't think about it every now and then again, but I do still appreciate the opportunity to still be able to comfortably tie my hair out of my face. 

It's easy to get into a hairstyle rut, so I've gathered a few simple and quick ideas:


1. Top knot: Gather your hair as if you were to tie your hair into a high ponytail. Twist your hair until it begins to wrap around itself into a bun. Secure with bobby pins or with 2 hair elastics (I prefer the latter).  
 2. Half-up Bun: Divide your hair into a top half and a bottom half - gather the top half and twist it into a bun (as high or as low as you'd like it). You can either tie the bun like you would a messy bun (not fully secured) or like you would a top knot.

I was very hesitant and critical when I first saw this hairstyle, but it's definitely grown on me, and the practicality of it makes it much more appealing: a) my hair is out of my face, and b) it's easier to wear all-day long, whereas a top knot/high pony tail may give you a headache later on during the day.

And along the lines of being hesitant/critical of a hairstyle, let's bring up the third hairstyle:
 3. Princess Leia buns: Have I gone too far, now ;)? I don't think I'd wear these out and about, but they're certainly practical, especially if you have too much hair to comfortably wear one high bun. These buns certainly look better on someone who has shorter hair or less hair - the buns won't look as voluminous but smaller and cuter, like Amanda Steele's. All you have to do is divide your hair into two sections and tie each one into a bun on either side of your head.
4. Boxer Braids: I got this idea from Amanda as well - while french braiding your hair from the top to the bottom takes a little more time, this hairstyle is great for a workout. Your hair is not only out of your face but isn't tied high up, which allows you to not worry about a ponytail losing volume or coming undone. 
 5. French Braided Bun: If you do the above hairstyle, you can also twist the two braids into a low bun!
 6. Braided bangs: I often alternate between a braid or a twist when dealing with the front pieces of hair. I love being able to wear my hair down and have my hair frame my face while getting the annoying pieces out of the way.
7. Braided Ponytail: If you braid the front piece and find that you need to get the rest of your hair out of the way, secure everything into a ponytail! Having the little braid adds detail and also allows you to get away with a ponytail that doesn't necessarily have a lot of volume at the crown.


xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment