November 25, 2015

The Key to Happiness

Knowing the meaning of life is like knowing the thesis statement of an essay -- your mindset is framed and you know exactly what needs to be accomplished; you essentially avoid wasting time wandering and wondering...you also avoid the pain.

But, as always, you can't enjoy the happy moments when you haven't experienced the sad ones. Like the saying goes, "you don't know what you have until it's taken away from you" -- you simply cannot value something without knowing what life is like without it! 

Over the past few months, I've been living 825 miles away from home, and I've certainly learned to value quite a bit, from taking hot showers without having to wear shower shoes to simply being in an actual home. Most importantly, I've learned to value the real relationships in my life. 

What sets these relationships apart from any old acquaintances is that the love, dedication, effort, and value are mutual. I honestly cannot imagine life without my six best friends, my family, my former teachers, and the new family I've made at college. I've mentioned several times on this blog about how unbelievably important it is to have a support system, and being at home has just elevated that importance. 

I've formulated a few points concerning my take on the meaning of life (I know, at such a young age...who's going to take me seriously?), but one of the pivotal points is to simply seek meaningful relationships and to appreciate them. These relationships truly lead to fulfillment and happiness (not the short-lived kind), and who doesn't want that out of life? 

  


xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment