October 11, 2015

Brunch for Dinner || Cooking for the First Time in 6 Weeks

Something that they don't tell you about college dining is that it gets worse as the year progresses.
It started off well, but lately, the food has been inedible or absent (really --- some days, there's just no food).

Since we have some more time over fall break, we've been cooking a little bit using what's available in the dorms. Granted, there are two kitchens in every building, but pots/pans/utensils aren't provided, so we improvised and used the microwave/the bowls and utensils we brought from home!



Granted, this doesn't look all that pretty, but it was a great break from dining hall food:

-smoked salmon (2 slices)
-1 egg, microwaved for about 30-40 seconds
1/2 avocado
-1 cup of broccoli (stopped by the dining hall to get some!)
-handful of grape tomatoes



xoxo, han

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Looks pretty tasty to me (even though I would never eat it, as I am picky [which you know])! Haha.

    Meh, I think I was the only one in college who loved the campus food forever and ever. Ha. But then, I was the exact opposite of a health nut. So chicken fingers, fries, chicken parm sandwiches, deli sandwiches, quesadillas, pasta, etc. was all heaven to me. Hahaha :P Hope you find a way to make eating more fun than it has been lately!! :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Looks pretty tasty to me (even though I would never eat it, as I am picky [which you know])! Haha.

    Meh, I think I was the only one in college who loved the campus food forever and ever. Ha. But then, I was the exact opposite of a health nut. So chicken fingers, fries, chicken parm sandwiches, deli sandwiches, quesadillas, pasta, etc. was all heaven to me. Hahaha :P Hope you find a way to make eating more fun than it has been lately!! :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, Diana! Ah, we don't even have half of those things! We have burgers, pizza, fries, and sandwiches daily when it comes to those kinds of dishes ;) Fingers crossed that I'll be a little healthier --- been snacking way too much, but I cleaned out of all of the junk food and got healthy foods --- going to see the nutritionist on Monday ;)!

      Delete