August 20, 2015

Summer Recap


Today is basically the last day of summer for me, and this summer has been good --- busy, but good. I was finally able to take a breather from the stresses of academics, and to be honest, I'm a little hesitant to go back ;) I was fortunate enough to spend quite a bit of time, from twenty minutes to days or from video calls to real life Things are never perfect, and this summer certainly had its bad moments, but here's to all of the good from summer 2015:

It all started off with graduation. 




more photos here: Class of 2015

And the day after:

And the day after that:




spending time and getting lost with two of my best friends


more photos here: Princeton Evening

Crossing off Summer to-do list items with my brother (aaaand shopping with him!!!):


and a little surprise



more photos here: (not) A Casual Day

Father's Day Food Truck Festival:



more photos here: Food Truck Festival

Shadowed a veterinary technician (avert your eyes if you get queasy easily --- or maybe just scroll really quickly):






(this was BEFORE I developed my aversion to cats)


And soon enough it was July 4th:


we watched Jurassic World, which rekindled my love for dinosaurs & Terra Nova, went to the rainforest cafe, aaand we hit 20,000+ views on this blog



And meanwhile, graduation parties made it easy to stay close to everyone:




Spending time with family, from grilling to going to bookstores:




Seeing another movie in an actual theater (two in one summer --- more than I've ever seen in all of high school)

                                   

Learning how to use the camera:





more photos here: Morning Glory and Lakeside and Time Travel

Going back to our favorite places:


And exploring new ones:









more photos here: Google, Chelsea Market, The Highline

Enjoying the charming "Full House" - like homes in Ocean Grove:





more photos here: Ocean Grove, NJ

Eating apple cider donuts:




more photos here: Peach Festival

Went back to NYC a few more times:





more photos here: NYC Parks

Met up with friends for the last time this summer:




There were several incredible memories that I got to share with close friends (including former teachers), but none of them were captured on camera. Those are the moments that I just let happen undocumented, and they were some of the most special of all.

more photos here: Masa Sushi and To the Lakes



I tried to get creative with these glowsticks but the photos just didn't turn out right (clearly).

Thank you, summer 2015, for the good memories. I don't like to be cheesy, but I also like Winnie the Pooh, and this quote really just sums everything up: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." (A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh)


If you've made it this far, thanks for reaidng :) (really, thank you)
xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment