July 9, 2015

Circles and Stripes



Lately, I've been obsessed with this shirt --- it's one of those items that I've had to restrain myself from wearing every single day. It's incredibly soft, loose, comfortable, and versatile. What I like about it is that it's a little unique -- I'm not one to typically go for items that are a little "trendier" and have asymmetrical cuts, but I like this piece a lot. I was originally inspired by Ingrid Nilsen when I saw her wear a shirt similar to this, and I realized how easy it is to incorporate into everyday looks. Stripes are by far my most worn print, but when buying striped shirts, make sure you pay careful attention to the actual stripes --- how far apart the stripes are from each other, the width/thickness of each stripe, the direction of the stripes (vertical, horizontal, if it varies between the shirt and the collar/sleeves) --- this stuff is important! 

This necklace is another new love of mine, and I was inspired by Mimi Ikonn (she and Ingrid are two of my style icons). I saw several versions on Etsy, but they all costed at least $30, while this costed $6 from Forever21 --- you can guess where I got mine from ;) The great thing too, is that the one from Forever21 is actually a layered necklace, so it comes with two other chains that I simply detached and added clasps to --- so now I have 3 necklaces! I like the look of layering necklaces sometimes, but I prefer minimal looks with simple accessories 95% of the time.



Shirt: Monteau (from TJ Maxx)
Shorts: Hollister Co.
Shoes: Black Converse
Rings: (gift -- Thanks Cam!)
Necklace: Forever 21

xoxo, han

2 comments:

  1. i love this entire outfit, so dang cute! i have like 3 shirts that I am obsessed with so that makes for a decent rotation haha but for reals those stripes. those shorts. love it all!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Candace! I love your blog, especially your photography! <3

      Delete