June 17, 2015

Butterfingers and Berries Bowl


I recently shared my go-to afterschool/afternoon snack, a dessert power bowl, but breaking out that food processor is a pain, especially in the morning. On top of that, no one really wants to be woken up with that loud noise. 

So I decided to chop all of the ingredients up by hand the other day as I was craving the dessert power bowl for breakfast, and I realized that the end result reminded me a lot of butterfingers --- crunchy (but not that sticky/tacky feeling that makes your teeth stick together; not a fan of that), peanut butter flavor, and sweet (but in this version, it's much healthier as the sweetness is from the dates). I also changed the toppings; I usually add whole berries and almond milk, but I had leftover berry puree, so I just served the "butterfingers" mixture with the berry puree and it tasted even better than the original recipe! (maybe one of the reasons is that I also don't have to wash a ton of utensils/cooking materials afterwards too!)


Recipe: Butterfingers and Berries Bowl
By: Hannah Claudia
______________________________________

2 dates, pitted and finely chopped
1/4 cup of walnuts, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1/2-3/4 cup of berry puree (i had a mix of strawberry and blueberry)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Hand mix the dates, walnuts, and peanut butter in a bowl until you get a sticky mixture.
2. Pour the berry puree on top and enjoy ;)



xoxo, han



No comments:

Post a Comment