May 31, 2015

Yellow Curry Lentil Dip

In a previous post, I mentioned this new curried lentil dip from Hope Foods that I looooved. The only bad thing was that it's about $5 for a small little package. I attempted to make my own at home (considering how inexpensive lentils really are, it's definitely the cheaper alternative), and here's how it went:


now, for the taste test:

Homemade: smelled really good, but it didn't have that "kick"and it wasn't really that flavorful. The consistency of mine was much runnier, but I think i prefer it that way because it's easier to stir into rice noodles or rice!


Hope Foods: super flavorful (what is in their curry powder?!) but very thick, so it's probably better as a spread for sandwiches/crackers.



Recipe: Yellow Curry Lentil Dip
By: Hannah Claudia
____________________________________

2 cups of cooked lentils (cooked with half an onion)
2 cloves of garlic

2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp five spice
2 tsp of sea salt
2 tsp of black pepper
(I think adding cumin or coriander would help too but I didn't have any on hand)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Blend the lentils, onion, and garlic in a food processor until smooth.
2. Add the spices and mix to combine.



xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment