May 22, 2015

Breakfast Nachos

Saw a recipe video on PopSugar for breakfast nachos, so I decided to make my own spin on it! It's vegan/gluten-free and chock full of vegetables (to lessen the guilt!). I used my favorite blue corn tortilla chips (they're organic and low sodium) from Wegman's as a base. And it was good. (Friends reference ;) )


Recipe: Breakfast Nachos
By: Hannah Claudia
________________________________________________________

handful of tortilla chips (I used blue corn tortilla chips from Wegman's)

1-2 eggs, whisked (I used one egg and one egg yolk)

1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
handful of spinach
spoonful of sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
1 tablespoon of oil (I used what the sun dried tomatoes are packed in)

1 scallion, thinly chopped
salsa (didn't have any on hand!)
1/2 avocado, mashed
paprika, salt, black pepper

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Line a plate with tortilla chips
2. Heat the tablespoon of oil over medium heat; saute the spinach and bell pepper until the spinach has wilted
3. Add the sun dried tomatoes and whisked eggs. 
4. Scramble the eggs over low heat until fully cooked
5. Spoon the scrambled eggs/vegetables over the tortilla chips
6. Top with the mashed avocado, salsa, paprika/salt/black pepper, and scallions.



xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment