April 24, 2015

Peanut Butter & Banana Rice Cakes


I know, rice cakes? They're bland.

That's what I thought when I was younger. 

But just a few weeks ago, my family stopped by my aunt's house and she had these rice cakes out. My dad tried some and was so excited that I had to re-try one...turns out, they're pretty good. Granted, those who eat very clean & natural foods will taste the subtle nuttiness of the rice, but it's the perfect vessel to substitute for bread! You can get really creative and top it with melted cheese to serve as croutons for tomato soup (and you don't have to toast them because they're already crunchy!) or take the sweet route and top it with a chocolate hazelnut spread (like nutella). It's the perfect afterschool snack/afternoon pick me up.



Recipe: Peanut Butter & Banana Rice Cakes
By: Hannah Claudia
_______________________________________________

2 rice cakes*
1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 banana, sliced

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Gently spread the peanut butter onto the rice cakes
2. Top with banana slices ;)


*I hardly buy processed foods/snacks, but this is an exception for me as long as the ingredients are simple. The only ingredient on the list 
should be rice (brown rice is even better!). I got these from Wegman's in the "Gluten-Free Nature's Marketplace" section.


xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment