April 29, 2015

Lemon Rosemary Baked Salmon with Roasted Grapes and Tomatoes


I probably had the best cooked piece of fish when I was at Epcot's Sunshine Seasons: it was incredibly moist, perfectly seasoned, fresh.
I didn't think I could ever figure out how they cooked it (apparently it's grilled?), but after baking salmon for the first time, I think baking fish is the way to go! While baking does require more time than pan frying, broiling, or grilling, the time spent "slow cooking" the salmon really allows it to retain a lot of moisture! Think of it like cooking pulled pork vs pork cutlets: pulled pork is super moist, juicy, tender and is slow cooked while pork cutlets are quickly fried to achieve that crispy crust. The same applies for this moist salmon!

This salmon isn't super heavy and pairs perfectly with the roasted grapes and tomatoes. The bright lemon and depth of the rosemary work perfectly together. 


I don't want to come off as that "organic", "all-natural", "grass-fed" snob, but wild salmon seriously tastes better than farmed salmon. Trust me, I had a feeling that the salmon was wild when I looked at that red-pink color (that's a natural color, not that artificial pink color that farmed salmon get from their dyed feed --- they're naturally grey when farmed!), but after tasting it, I just knew it had to be wild...and my dad confirmed my suspicions to be true!




Recipe: Lemon Rosemary Baked Salmon with Roasted Grapes and Tomatoes
By: Hannah Claudia
______________________________________________________________________

2 salmon fillets
4 slices of lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
handful of grapes, halved
2 tomatoes, quartered

salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons of rosemary
oil

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Grease the pan and then oil both sides of the fish.
2. Season the fish, grape halves, and tomato quarters with black pepper and salt. Arrange on the greased pan.
3. Sprinkle over the rosemary and squeeze the lemon juice over the salmon, grapes, tomatoes. 
4. Bake at 425*F for 20-24 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.




xoxo, han


No comments:

Post a Comment