March 16, 2015

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Orlando, FL)


veggie burger patty with tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, ketchup
side of fries (opted to not have the dessert---nothing dairy or gluten free)



Prices: $-$$
Location: Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom
Portions: Small-Medium
Ambiance: It reminds me a lot of a school cafeteria but with a retro twist because of the aqua-purple, futuristic colors. The whole place was extremely crowded at lunch time because the Tomorrowland Terrace is closed, but we had to come here because this was one of the few places that was covered by our meal ticket & had a vegetarian option. There are two "bays" in which you can order food from; while the lines long very long, the wait isn't bad at all, and you can pick up the food extremely quickly. The music from "Sonny Eclipse" was basically background noise to me, but I appreciated the little unique touch.
ServiceIt was nearly impossible for us to find a table to sit at; I was very appreciative of Disney's attention to detail and there were several employees dedicated to helping customers find tables to sit at. The lady taking my order, however, was very impatient and curt when I asked her about gluten-free buns. She told me that if I had specific allergy/dietary restriction diet, then I'd have to speak with another worker. I don't have celiac but I do have a gluten sensitivity, so I decided to just forget the bun and eat the veggie burger with the condiments available (the small amount of gluten in the veggie burger is negligible to me). For those who do have allergies, however, make sure you speak with someone before getting on line.
Verdict: If it weren't for the meal ticket, then we probably wouldn't have eaten here. The only vegetarian entree item is a veggie burger, and to be honest, it's not all that special (same one that I got at my hotel). While the veggie burger tasted good, I would much rather eat something else at a place that is far less crowded. On the other hand, it is an easy option if you're just looking to have a low-key meal for what's considered as "cheaper" in Disney finances ;D. I do wish that there were gluten free/dairy free dessert options, but that's something that Disney has to work on as a whole.


Read more:

xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment