yummmm....to be honest, the whole concept of a "cauliflower crust" does not sound appetizing, but you'd be surprised---when the cauliflower is blitzed up into tiny little cauliflower rice pieces and baked in the oven, it becomes very fragrant and it loses that boiled vegetable smell and taste. Plus, you won't be plagued with the feeling of being overstuffed and guilty after eating this ;)
oh, and for anyone who dislikes portion control --- feel free to eat as much as you want! (trust me, I ate half of this for dinner and the other half for lunch)
Recipe: Cauliflower Crust Pizza
By: Hannah Claudia
1/2 head of cauliflower, washed
(opt) salt & pepper (i actually didn't add any!)
frozen spinach/baby kale mix
sliced portabella mushrooms
tapioca cheese (dairy-free)
1. Drain the cauliflower and blitz it up into cauliflower rice in a food processor.
2. In a large bowl, mix all of the crust ingredients.
3. Grease a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 375*F. Add the crust mixture to the baking sheet (will be a runny batter), and shape into your desired pizza shape!
4. Bake pizza crust for about 10 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn slightly golden brown and the crust springs back when touched.
5. Ladle on the sauce/add the toppings. Bake for 5-7 minutes longer, or until the toppings have cooked/cheese has melted and is bubbly.