February 14, 2015

Peanut Butter Date "Quest" Bar


 
Sorry for being MIA yesterday :( I had one of the busiest days, and I spent three hours afterschool working nonstop on a big project. While I love art, it can be so mentally and even physically exhausting at times :P

But it's Saturday, it's a long weekend, and even though I have a mountain load of homework, it's gonna be a good weekend ;)
And hopefully I'll make these bars again tomorrow, because I'm seriously craving them.

Granted, they don't look all that pretty, but they taste soo good. To be honest, I've never eaten Quest bars, but I've seen a lot of "Quest bar inspired" recipes, and they all seem very simple and similar, so I decided to make my own version. This is very filling and can be easily customized to suit your own taste; if you're allergic to nuts, I would recommend using granola as a substitute (regular raw oats might not give you the same texture). I'll try to get more creative the next time I make them, but I mean, you can never go wrong with peanut butter!

(keep in mind, when I snapped these photos, I had already eaten 75% of what I made x] It's high in calories, but it's very filling and it's something that I really need afterschool before a workout)




Recipe: Peanut Butter Date "Quest" Bar
By: Hannah Claudia
_____________________________________

6 medjool dates, pitted (if they're not very soft, soak them for 5-10 minutes)
1/2 cup of walnuts (or your choice of nuts/granola)
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Add the walnuts to a food processor and blitz until you get fine crumbs. Set aside.
2. Add the dates and blitz them until they start to congeal to each other or you get a sticky paste.
3. Add the cinnamon and peanut butter to the dates. Blend to combine.
4. Add the walnuts and blend until you get a crumbly mixture.
5. Shape the mixture into a bar or little bite-sized balls (wax paper helps; it'll be very sticky!)



xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment