February 7, 2015

Japanese Milk Bread (Hokkaido Bread)





I tried out this recipe for Japanese Milk Bread, and I gotta say, it wasn't bad for the first try.
My family LOVES fluffy bread, and I always get so peeved when they buy it from the store since they often add quesitonable ingredients to make the bread that fluffy. The key to this homemade version, however, is not a bunch of chemicals, but a water roux or a "starter". 

This bread held up well (it's importantly to wait at least 30 minutes before cutting into the bread!!), but it wasn't as fluffy as the store-bought ones. Next time, I think I'll let it cold rise (in the fridge) for at least 24 hours instead of 12 :P (I've read other sources where they let the bread rise for up to 60 hours in the fridge!) 

In terms of taste, my family said it tasted good (I can't be the judge of that).  








xoxo, han

No comments:

Post a Comment