February 17, 2015

Gluten-Free Buckwheat Crepes (Happy Pancake Day!)



Happy National Pancake Day!

Here's the second post of the day ;) 
I've eaten these crepes for breakfast for three days in a row now, including this morning, and I just finished drinking some coconut hot chocolate. we have fun on snow days.


I added matcha powder to half of the batch to make matcha crepes!

this crepe (above) was inspired by my childhood favorite from Chinatown: pandan waffles with peanut butter filling <3
so my version is a matcha crepe with peanut butter, coconut flakes, and black sesame seeds :) 

crepes are fantastic because they can be used for both sweet and savory dishes, and I think I might use this recipe as a substitute for tortillas in the future!
  

Recipe: Gluten-Free Buckwheat Crepes
By: Hannah Claudia
___________________________________________

1 cup of buckwheat flour, sifted
2 eggs
2 cups of almond milk

(opt) 1 tablespoon of matcha powder

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Mix the eggs and milk
2. Add the egg-milk mixture to the sifted flour and stir until you get a smooth batter.
3. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
4. Lightly grease a pan with an oiled paper towel. Heat the pan until water flicked onto the pan dances (signifies the pan is hot enough!)
5. Add about 1/4 cup of batter to the pan at a time and swirl the pan quickly to even out the batter.
6. Cook until the edges start to peel away from the pan. Loosen the edges with a rubber spatula and flip with your fingers.
7. Cook the other side for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
8. Remove from the heat, spread on your favorite spreads and add your favorite fillings!


Great demo video for making crepes: 

My other crepe posts:

My crepe cake vlog:



xoxo, han


No comments:

Post a Comment