January 25, 2015

Morning Ritual for a Sore Throat



415 blog posts ago, on my very first blog post, i listed a few of the things i do when i'm under the weather. 
unfortunately, today, i must apply those tips :(

Sore throats are probably the most annoying, especially when you feel them coming on, so it's important to combat them asap.
I first start off with a ton of water, including a hot cup of lemon-honey water, which my mom always prescribes.
For some reason, I also crave fresh fruits when I'm not feeling well; sushi or pasta don't really help, so I go for something with vitamin C (did you know that kiwis have more vitamin C than oranges!?), a Korean pear, and a banana (of course).




Korean pears are my favorite; I don't like regular pears (unless they're in my pear and blueberry scones), but these I like: they're crunchy, just like apples ;) Plus, whenever I used to have a bad cough, my mom would steam a pear or make pear soup using these pears and adds a bit of sugar to it (honestly, I think there's really no need to add sugar, but she likes doing that ;] ). 


Recipe: Honey-Lemon Water
By: Hannah Claudia
_________________________________

1-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of hot water
1 teaspoon of honey

::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Mix together in a mug and feel better!





xoxo, han




No comments:

Post a Comment