January 21, 2015

Kale & Persimmon Salad



Persimmons are my substitute for mangoes & nectarines in my salads during the winter ;) 
(anyone who has been reading this blog knows that i was completely obsessed with using nectarines in all of my recipes over the summer)


Recipe: Kale & Persimmon Salad
By: Hannah Claudia
_____________________________________

1 ripe persimmon, peeled and cut into chunks
1.5 cups of kale leaves, washed and chopped
1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
1/2 avocado, cut into chunks
(opt:) chickpeas or tofu*

juice of 1/2 lemon

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Pour the lemon juice over the kale and massage the kale for a minute to make it tender
2. Toss in the other ingredients and enjoy!


*I've realized that I've been exercising everyday this month even with my busy school schedule (very appreciative of that), but with that being said, I've realized that my metabolism has really gone up, and I eat a whole lot more, so I'm trying to consciously add more protein to all of my meals, so even though there are no beans/tofu shown in the photos above, I think I'd add some next time!



here's to my last (real) midterm tomorrow! 
xoxo, han






No comments:

Post a Comment