January 26, 2015

How to Make Coffee without A Coffee Maker! | Snow Day Sick Day


On Friday afternoon, I stumbled across an episode for MTV's "Eye Candy" (starring Victoria Justice) on YouTube, and unfortunately, I was enticed. I could not stop watching that first episode. And as always, I couldn't sleep that night because I kept replaying those creepy scenes in my head :P This is why I don't watch scary movies. 

So on Saturday morning, I woke up at 8:30 (very very rare for me; I tend to wake up before 7:30 since I'm such a light sleeper) and was SO GROGGY. Of course, the 1-2 inches of snow outside made me happy, but I knew it was time to try making a cup of coffee using the coffee my friend gave to me.  

I'm not a coffee drinker; I LOVED coffee when I was 10-11, and after my mom found out that coffee doesn't help with brain development, I had to say goodbye to coffee. Of course, I had one cup of Starbucks a year (yup, this girl is definitely not on that Starbucks trend), and I always love the smell of coffee, but I've become a tea drinker because of my ban from coffee ;)

Generally speaking, my family members are tea drinkers, so naturally, we don't have a coffee maker at home --- then how did I make coffee? Here's how ;) :







How to Make Coffee without a Coffee Maker:
By: Hannah Claudia
_____________________________________________

little more than 6 oz (3/4 cup) of water
2 tablespoons of coffee
as much milk (dairy, almond, soy, coconut, rice, etc) as you want
sweetener of your choice

small pot
milk frother or a blender
mug

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Bring the water to a boil, and add the coffee. Stir, turn of the heat, and place a lid on. Wait for 5-6 minutes.
2. Strain the mixture in a cup to remove the undissolved coffee granules. Add your desired sweetener to the coffee and set aside.
3. Add the milk to the pot and turn the heat back on. Use the milk frother. 
4. If you don't have a milk frother, just wait for the milk to warm up (to your liking), and place in a blender to froth up.
5. Add the milk to the coffee.




Of course today was a good day because we got to leave school early given that a record breaking snowstorm is coming, but after another 3 hours of homework, I'm beyond exhausted and my cold isn't making me feel much better ;P What an opportune time to get sick, right?
Lots of hot chocolate coming up ;)

stay safe in the storm
xoxo, han

1 comment:

  1. Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!! Thumbs up. Coffeemakerchoose.com

    ReplyDelete