December 30, 2014

Zucchini Noodle Japchae


Japchae or Chap-chae is a Korean noodle dish that consists of sweet potato noodles and tons of veggies.
My mom made some yesterday (pictures to come soon), but I thought I'd share my version that I made last week using zucchini noodles.
It's lighter with less starch and it still tastes good! It's a great way to use leftovers and I'll show you what I did with the leftover japchae below ;) 





Recipe: Zucchini Noodle Japchae
By: Hannah Claudia
________________________________

1 zucchini, spiralized into spaghetti
1 carrot, julienned
3-4 mushrooms, chopped
3-4 stalks of bok choy or yau choi

2 tablespoons ponzu or soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
juice of 1/2 lime

(opt) furikake seasoning or sesame seeds

:::::::::::::::::::::::

1. In hot water, simmer the mushrooms and bok choy/yau choi until fully cooked (I used cooked leftovers from the night before)
2. Toss the ingredients together with the sauce ingredients.
3. Eat immediately or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes if you can wait ;)



and with the leftovers, i ate it with homemade pico de gallo, guacamole, and blue corn tortilla chips <3 so good




xoxo, hannah





No comments:

Post a Comment