December 18, 2014

Kale Chips


momma wanted kale chips.
so i made some ;).

i'm super grateful for my mom; she had a long day at work and then surprised my brother and I by coming to our concert last night (which was a super long, yet really awesome concert: watch our performance of Rimsky-Korsakov's Russian Easter Overture here)!
and then with everything that's been going on lately, i came home exhausted and mentally unstable, and just started crying like crazy.
she just got me tissues, told me that crying it out is good, and talked me through it all.

i'm still super frustrated, flustered, frazzled, but crying it out does help.
i'm just waiting to get out of school on tuesday. so close. so close. so close.
i wish winter break will be relaxing, but my lang teacher just gave us a project. a big project. today. and it's due the day after winter break. that very day. 

yay.

but i'm trying not to think too much about it; today, even though it was the easiest of days, it wasn't as bad as yesterday. my tenth grade american studies teacher (who's a great friend) talked to me and just reminded me through his encouragement that he's on my side. 








Recipe: Kale Chips
By: Hannah Claudia
______________________

1 bunch of kale leaves (no stems), washed and dried
oil of your choice
seasonings/spices (paprika, black pepper, nutritional yeast, salt....)

:::::::::::::::::::

1. Tear the kale leaves into large pieces
2. Drizzle some oil (not too much but not too little) and massage the kale.
3. Add in your desired spices and massage the kale to distribute the spices.
4. Bake at 300*F for about 15-20 minutes, or until crispy :)


xoxo, hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment