December 31, 2014

Favorite Fourteen: Recipes of 2014


Happy New Year's Eve :)
I've been pretty consistent this year in terms of blogging (yay me), so it wasn't easy picking out my favorite recipes cause there were quite a few, but here are the fourteen that I consistently make and have become true staples in my book (plus, all are gluten & dairy free & naturally-sweetened, and most are vegan!):


Truly addicting and it was the perfect treat in the summer! It's quick and easy to make, and if you're an athlete, this'll be a great substitute for that cliff bar you love!


I first ate this salad when I was lifeguarding and MAN OH MAN it made that lonely and boring afternoon so much more pleasant.
You get a ton of texture from the crispy, toasted almonds, the creamy, sweet peas, the juicy, cold watermelon, the sweet summer corn. 



A true winter staple. It's full of flavor from the ginger, miso, garlic! This couldn't be an easier recipe to make, especially on busy weeknights. This will fill you up and make you feel all good about eating such a healthy comfort food.



THE BEST TOAST RECIPE EVER. Ever. Ever. 
The crispy toast, the creamy hummus and avocado. You'll love this, and this is one popular pairing, so don't doubt this ;)


This is my homemade dupe for the orange dressing that I love at Japanese restaurants. I heard that Angelo Pietro's Shoyu dressing is a really great store-bought dupe, but it's nearly $7-8! Why not just make it at home instead? ;)


Almond butter is so expensive at the store, but it's incredibly easy to make and the only things you need are  a food processor and almonds! I prefer to toast my almonds because I love the flavor and toasting the almonds makes the whole process much quicker.


I heard somewhere that peanut butter cups were an accident. Oh that's right, I read it in Tina Fey's Bossypants. Well, if she's right, then this is probably the best accident right next to penicillin. I love love love this recipe! 

Hannah is to peanut butter as Joey Tribianni is to meatball subs. 


The crust can easily be used for any recipe, and the filling tastes incredible on its own as a custard. Put the two wonderful things together and top it with coconut cream? You'll be eating this all year round, not just on Thanksgiving!


I know I posted this recipe about a week ago, but it's amazing. It deserves to be on this list. It'll just dissolve on your tongue like snow. Was that cheesey? Eh, you'll be saying even cheesier things after trying it yourself. 


For some reason, recently, this hot chocolate has been creamier than ever before. Not sure why, but I believe that it's just that little Christmas magic that's lingering around and making it amazing. Regardless, this is a great recipe and can be made vegan using maple syrup or dates to sweeten it up. 


I have finally perfected my granola making techniques through this recipe! Granola, like nut butters, is incredibly pricey at stores, but is so freaking simple to make! Granola is one of the things that I'm addicted to (along with my banana bread, nut butters, hot chocolate, apples) so this is a real treat that I only make once a month (in efforts to try to restrain myself!).


My favorite lunch recipe ever. This recipe is probably the reason why I don't think I'd ever want to give up eggs xP it's just too good!


I pretty much eat this EVERY morning before school, so I don't think I have to say anymore. It's awesome.







Number one of the year and probably number one forever for me :D This is the best banana bread ever because it's just sweet enough, it's moist, it's light, it's everything you'd want in a banana bread. Plus, it's dairy-free, low fat, gluten-free, and sugar-free (naturally sweetened by bananas). You can make it vegan by subbing in the two eggs for flax eggs! I make it for my family members for birthdays (including my 17th birthday)! Serve it with banana slices, grilled peaches/nectarines, your favorite nut butter, ice cream, make it into french toast, make bread pudding.....there are endless possibilities. 



so that's it! my top 14 recipes from 2014! here's to a great 2015 full of new food ;)

xoxo, hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment