November 5, 2014

Pumpkin Pecan Granola


If you know me, then you'll know that if I could eat only granola and peanut butter for the rest of my life, I would.
Given my deep love for granola, I don't allow myself to have it tooo often...but I had some leftover pumpkin puree that was just BEGGING me to add it to some granola....and it was Halloween, so I mean...I had to treat myself, right? 

This recipe is a spin on my Coconut Quinoa Granola, which is another great recipe, but this one is completely fat free :)

Recipe: Pumpkin Pecan Granola
By: Hannah Claudia
__________________________________

3 cups of oats
1 cup of pecans, chopped
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (cloves, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon)
5 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
(opt: 1/2 cup of coconut flakes --sweetened or unsweetened)

::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Mix all of the ingredients.
2. Bake at 325*F for 30 minutes or until golden brown

(make sure you spread everything out in a very thin layer on a baking sheet!!! you don't want soggy or super chewy granola!)


xoxo, hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment