November 22, 2014

Pecan Butter Banana Muffins


I did attempt to play around with aperture and lighting this time around...but nothing really makes photos good without natural lighting...which unfortunately no longer exists once I get home around 4 pm :P

But anyways, after a long and dragging day at school (i sat in my car to eat my lunch...enough said), I really really wanted to just bake.
Baking is different from cooking---as one with a sweet-tooth, the end result is usually even more satisfying, and since baking results in treats (which I only allow myself to eat once in a while...well okay that's a lie but whatever), i don't bake as often as i cook.

But I think these give me an excuse to bake more often: they're naturally gluten free, low in iron (a family member can't have iron-rich foods), naturally sugar-free, and can be made vegan. They're moist, fluffy, and they even impressed my brother.
(That means they're really good)



anyone like my new muffin pans? i got a non-stick muffin pan from Sur La Tab (on sale for $21, which quite frankly, doesn't seem like an "on sale" price, but it was desperately needed and i think it's worth it).




Recipe: Pecan Butter Banana Muffins
By: Hannah Claudia
Adapted from: Big Eats Tiny Kitchen
_______________________________________________

1 cup of pecan butter*
2 bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of salt

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Mix all of the ingredients together
2. Fill a muffin pan nearly all the way full (that way you get a little muffin top)
3. Bake at 350*F for about 15-18 minutes (took me 18)
4. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy ;)


*I made pecan butter the same way I make my almond butter, except I've been toasting the nuts (that I first roughly chop) before adding them to the food processor because the flavor is just enhanced and the heat brings out the natural oils and speeds up the process. You can definitely make this with almond/peanut/cashew/walnut/soy butter!






happy saturday ;)

xoxo, hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment