November 15, 2014

Crockpot Mushroom Stock

Sorry for not blogging last night; but I was just so exhausted after an especially long day.
This morning consisted of making matcha crepes for my family and spending 2.5 hours on biology homework.
My afternoon? Another 2-3 hours on calculus.
But there's a reason for the nonstop work: ALTON BROWN LIVE.

I'm so excited to see my favorite chef ever and I'm hoping to somehow get my banana muffin recipe to him cause I really
want him to try it out ;)

So you can look forward to photos from NYC and photos of matcha crepes in the next few days, but for now, here's a simple mushroom stock recipe:





Recipe: Crockpot Mushroom Stock
By: Hannah Claudia
_____________________________________

5 cups of mushrooms, chopped (i had a variety of portobello mushroms)
1 large onion, minced finely
1 bay leaf
2 tsp oregano
3 tsp black pepper
3 cups of vegetable stock
1-2 cups of water
1.5 cups of lentils, cooked in water and then drained
(optional but RECOMMENDED: ) 5 tablespoons of miso soup
oil

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Caramelize the onions
2. Add all of the ingredients into the crockpot and cook on low for about 6 hours.
3. If the flavor isn't strong enough, add more miso :)





I'm thinking about using this as a base for my mushroom gravy for thanksgiving!!
xoxo, hannah





No comments:

Post a Comment