October 21, 2014

Vegan Magic Chocolate Shell




A while ago, I posted a recipe for "vegan dibs"; frozen banana slices covered in vegan chocolate that tasted like chocolate coated ice cream pieces. I'm re-posting the recipe for the chocolate shell because I have better photos this time, and also because I decided to coat a few orange slices in some chocolate. 




Recipe: Vegan Magic Chocolate Shell
By: Hannah Claudia
__________________________________
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1/4-1/2 cup of maple syrup (or honey if you're not vegan, which is what I prefer---I use only 1/4 cup)

::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Mix all of the ingredients together
2. Dip whatever you want in this magical shell!
3. Freeze for at least 20-30 minutes to harden

*If you have leftovers, just pour the contents into a candy mold or any container (lined with foil is the best) and freeze for vegan fudge/chocolate bar!


wedge some almond butter between banana slices to make chocolate covered banana sandwiches




got this candy mold from Hobby Lobby for about $3? It's so great; it makes the chocolate look like Reese's Peanut Butter cups ---which I am planning on making some vegan reese's for my family (let's be real, for myself) in honor of Halloween....
....yes, the peanut butter famine may have a brief hiatus....


chocolate covered oranges taste good, but the oranges aren't as dense as bananas (they have more water content), so they get very icy and hard :(




xoxo, hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment