September 29, 2014

Quinoa Tabbouleh


What does a girl do when she's sick? 
Cook. 
Watch Grey's Anatomy.
Snuggle up in bed.
But mostly ---Cook. 

The pinnacle of my illness started from Saturday afternoon, after I had biked 2 miles (uphill, okay?! and after not exercising for a very long time) to watch my brother's soccer game, and lasted until 1:30 pm Sunday afternoon...
Fortunately, I'm well enough to go to school today but I haven't tried talking yet and I'm pretty sure I still sound like a 13 year old boy.

At least I was sick on a weekend where I didn't have very much homework. I finished everything on Friday and did as much studying for biology as I could, but generally speaking, it was a quiet weekend in terms of school work.
That's when you know you're in for a ride for the upcoming week.
When there's peace and stillness, it almost seems too good to be true, and then you begin to foreshadow the ominous future and the work that's waiting to attack you. 

Which is why I did a lot of meal prepping Saturday night.


Recipe: Quinoa Tabbouleh
By: Hannah Claudia
______________________________

1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked
1/2 large cucumber, quartered
1 cob of corn, cooked and kernels cut off
1/2 onion, sliced and sauteed (I sautee it because I don't like the raw taste but feel free to leave it raw)
1 tomato, chopped
4 stalks of asparagus, chopped (I just had some leftovers)
mint, basil, scallions, parsley (LOTS but I didn't have any so I could only use scallions :( )
juice of 1 lemon
1-2 tablespoons of sesame oil

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Toss everything together in a large bowl
2. Let it sit in the fridge to marinate for a bit before eating ;) (or just eat it right away, it'll still taste good)



xoxo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment