September 25, 2014

Carrot & Potato Tofu "Meatballs"


had an incredibly busy day yesterday; back to back, I had a 20 minute Spanish Lit presentation on "El Mancebo" that was written in 1335, then the club fair, where I had to run around performing my magical "architecture" skills with duck tape ;), and then I had to stuff half a sandwich in my mouth before running up for my Bio quiz. and all the while, I had a sore throat coming on, so today, I have a full blown out sore throat. yaaaaay.

at least i have the school day off and basically no homework. yaaaaay.

here's a great recipe for a vegan-gluten free "meatball" (the "batter" seriously looks like ground pork or something):


doesn't that look like ground pork?! but it's noooot ;)



Recipe: Carrot & Potato Tofu "Meatball"
By: Hannah Claudia
_________________________________

1/2 block of silken tofu
3 white potatoes, chopped into cubes
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
1-2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Add the potatoes to a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender.
2. Mash all of the ingredients with a fork/potato ricer, or use a food processor (it's more fun by hand)
3. If the mixture is still too soft, add a little bit extra nutritional yeast.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to portion out round meatballs and place on a baking sheet.
5. Preheat the oven to 350*F and bake for about 20-30  minutes or until golden brown on both sides; don't forget to flip in the middle!




xoxo, hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment