August 6, 2014

Simple Sweater DIY Ideas & Basement Art


Between packing/cleaning the messy rooms in my house and writing college app essays, I've been doing a lot of DIY projects ;)
I've taken a lot of art classes in the past, from drawing classes to even a jewelry class, so I've always been very interested in the arts.
However, despite my interest, I'm not the neatest person nor am I the most patient person out there, so I try my best to make my projects as simple as possible.

Sweater DIY #1: Tight Sweater Dress  -->  Loose Zipped Up Jumper







it was really simple! All I did was cut down one side of the sweater (I'm going to do the same to the other side once I find another zipper of the same style; Hobby Lobby only had 1 in stock ---it was so inexpensive too! only about $2 for an awesome zipper---) and sew on a zipper! It's long enough to wear with leggings and the sides are so much looser so it's not super tight and uncomfortable now!

Sweater DIY #2: Loose Raglan & Frilly Skirt  -->  Ruffle Sweater



(inspired by the Chiffon Ruffle Sweater by American Eagle:)
AE Chiffon Ruffle Sweater 

This abercrombie ruffle skirt has been really useful ;) i've probably only worn the actual skirt twice, but I've converted the fabric into 2 things: a ruffle sweater and lace trim shorts!

Video for the lace trim shorts:

so with some leftover fabric, I sewed the bottom part of the skirt fabric onto the F21 raglan sweater. (I sewed the sweater slightly so that the cut was a bit more asymmetrical, shorter in the front and longer in the back). 


DIY Basement Art: 



you can see some messy lines and that's because I didn't have good quality tape :P but this was a simple art piece that looks very contemporary and was fun to paint while watching Young & Hungry ;) ahhh i love emily osment!


approached this with a "Picasso" take: just slathering on paint very liberally ;)

xoxo, hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment