August 26, 2014

Pesto Caprese Salad and Roasted Eggplant Puree


feeling good? feeling good. 

well, for the most part. 

I've written every supplemental essay I can write so far (one more application to a school hasn't come out yet) and my schedule for senior year came out (a few minor discontents with that but generally feeling okay with my schedule). productivity feels good.

I officially have seven more days of summer, and I want to make it good. I don't want to go crazy and travel everywhere, getting everything done. I just need to relax, not think too much, and savor the last few moments of my summer. any tips?





using both red and green tomatoes gives different flavors and textures (green tomatoes are much firmer)


click here for my basil-cashew pesto recipe

Recipe: Roasted Eggplant Puree
By: Hannah Claudia
__________________________

1 eggplant, sliced lengthwise
black pepper, oregano, garlic (any spices/herbs you want to top)
oil (grapeseed or coconut is best since they have high smoking points)

::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Preheat the oven to to 400*F.
2. Drizzle the oil on the pan to prevent sticking and drizzle some over the eggplant. Rub in the spices.
3. Roast for about 20-30 minutes, or until the flesh is soft.
4. Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant and discard the skins.
5. In a food processor, puree the eggplant flesh.


Recipe: Caprese Salad 
By: Hannah Claudia
_________________________

fresh basil
fresh mozzarella (i used vegan mozzarella)
tomato slices
basil-cashew pesto
eggplant puree

::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Spread the eggplant puree on the plate.
2. Layer the caprese salad (tomato-basil-mozzarella)
3. Add the pesto on the side.

*Tip: If you're using vegan mozzarella, I honestly think it tastes 10x better if you melt the cheese in a non-stick pan first!



xoxo, Hannah




No comments:

Post a Comment