August 4, 2014

Apple Kale Salad


everything has been a routine, lately, but hey, I'm not complaining. 
I definitely realize that fall is truly my favorite season, and that i'm no longer as in love with watermelon as i used to be ;( 
but i'm definitely in love with apples. 

college apps have been going pretty well; i wrote out an essay this morning and i'm just in love with the idea i had for it and everything. it really captures my last 4 years really well...except for the fact that it captures it in 947 words while the limit is 450. whoops.
but my approach to these prompts is to first just write everything out so I get my ideas down, then shorten everything. so that means that tomorrow, i'll have a lovely time trying to edit things out ;) but no worries, i'm keeping the full length essay in another document and saving it for a future post, because i really love it. i really do. nearly as much as i love apples.


Recipe: Apple Kale Salad
By: Hannah Claudia
__________________________

1 apple, chopped
(opt because it doesn't really go with it but i like it a lot!) 1 nectarine, sliced
handful of kale
craisens
walnuts (i didn't have any so i used almonds & pistachios)
balsamic vinegar

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. Mix everything up!


i just watched "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" last night, and I really love it! I'm a sucker for any Ben Stiller movie and it was such a good story! I definitely think that everything was a bit more complex than I had anticipated (I mean for a children's movie there were some moments that I realized "wow now i get it" or "oh that makes sense"...but maybe that was just me!), and there were some choice words that I didn't expect in a PG movie, but besides that, it was wonderful.

xoxo, hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment