June 16, 2014

DIY Graduation Gift Basket: College Inspired

My cousin Camillia is graduating TOMORROW, so I wanted to share with you all the gift basket that I threw together for her.


1. First Aid Kit: kind of a boring gift, but extremely important considering the college hospital might not be close by and it's always good to be safe and have these items on hand. And besides, I'm pretty sure it'll be nice to not have to run all the way to the hospital to get  band-aid, right?




2. Scarf-Organizer: She's going someplace warm, so she can probably leave one at home to hang her thicker scarves and take one to hang her thinner scarves, but that's up to her. I found this at TJ Maxx and thought it was a brilliant way to organize and display scarves, and since she's super fashionable, I think she'll find this to be useful.


3. Movie Night Essentials: two awesome movies that I found in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart, super cute pjs from Forever 21, and a DIY sharpie mug with a Harry Potter reference filled with tea bags and two fruit wraps (organic and all natural) from Trader Joe's.










4. DIY Advent Calendar: I don't want to burden her with tons of things to bring to college, so instead of a "countdown to the first day of school", I made it a "countdown to moving day" calendar filled with random goodies ;)






5. Personalized Journal: I bought a little journal from TJ Maxx and basically personalized it by dividing it into 4 sections (one for each year in college), and filling a lot of the pages with random questionnaires either about college or just fun "This or That"/"Would You Rather" surveys that she can look back on in the future and see how she grew or just recall the great  memories that she had in college. I left some pages blank to let her fill them up with whatever she wants, and some of the questionnaires repeat from year to year to truly document any growth or changes that she went through ;)



6. DIY Donut Pillow: just a cute little pillow that she can either bring to college to brighten up her dorm or leave at home ;)





So that's the "gift basket" that I'm going to be giving her :)
Congratulations Cam on your amazing accomplishment, and I can't wait to hear about all your college adventures ;)

xoxo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment