May 21, 2014

Mother's Day Breakfast 2014


Happy 150th blog post!!!!!

I know this is a super late post, but I had so many other things that I wanted
to post before this! 

Every Mother's Day, my mom is always in charge of a children's performance 
at my church, so she has to leave the house super early on Sunday morning.
That means that I have to get up super early that Sunday to make her the
traditional Mother's Day breakfast that I always make. 


Coconut Smoothie:

About 1/2 cup of coconut milk
1/2-1 cup of almond milk (depending on your desired consistency)
1/2 banana
4-5 chunks of papaya




Scrambled Eggs with Avocado & Herbs:

4 eggs & 4 tablespoons of milk, whisked and then scrambled
1 avocado, sliced
Freshly chopped herbs (I used parsley and scallions)
(opt) Furikake seasoning




Coconut Lemon Blueberry Muffins

adapted from: http://www.paleonewbie.com/lemon-blueberry-paleo-muffins-recipe/

-substituted 1 cup almond flour with 1 cup gluten free flour
-add some chia seeds or poppy seeds if you want!


I made an additional berry smoothie on the side
with just some frozen berries and almond milk :)

But this was basically the spread; we had a lot of other baked goods
that we bought from NYC the night before, so I didn't want to go crazy
by making too many things.


xoxo, Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment